I talked about one of Edwards’ switchers earlier, and now 6 out of the 8 from South Carolina and 1 from Iowa have announced they’re backing Obama.
- Daniel Boan, South Carolina
- Christine Brennan-Bond, South Carolina
- Robert Groce, South Carolina
- Susan Smith, South Carolina
- Mike Evatt, South Carolina
- Lauren Bilton, South Carolina
- Machelle Crum, Iowa
This has the net effect of him winning South Carolina by another 12% (Edwards won 17.57%), which would mean he took 67% in the state to Hillary’s 26%. If Edwards 2 remaining pledged delegates switch to Obama, he would win the entire 17.57% and thus have 72.57%.
One Edwards delegate from Iowa, Machelle Crum, came out for Obama on Thursday morning, […]. Crum made the decision after receiving a phone call from Edwards supporters encouraging her to make the switch.
By my count, Obama now only needs 125.5 delegates to clinch the nomination.
More as it develops…