Continued look at who independent voters are/are not and Obama’s poll numbers…
- A reminder: Most ‘independent’ voters aren’t (LA Times/Top of the Ticket)
- Sick and Tired of Republicans and Democrats? New Parties Say They Offer Alternatives (By James King, Phoenix News Times)
- Pa.’s Sestak plans Tuesday announcement (USA Today)
- Poll: Pennsylvania ranks 20th most Democratic state in the nation (Erik Westervelt, Phildadelphia Opinion Polls Examiner)
- Political Party Affiliation: 30 States Blue, 4 Red in ’09 So Far (by Jeffrey M. Jones, Gallup)
- Zogby/O’Leary Poll Reveals Majority of Voters Will Oppose Senators Who Vote to Confirm an Anti-Second Amendment Supreme Court Nominee (Press Release)Â Â NOTE: Included here because the Zogby/O’Leary poll purports to speak for independents…
- Obama’s Ratings Slide Across the Board – The Economy, Health Care Reform and Gates Grease the Skids (Pew Research)
Calif Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger is determined to leave a legacy of reform — particularly open primaries, which would give more power to voters
- Schwarzenegger is unpopular but undaunted (George Skelton, Capitol Journal, LA Times)
- A State of Confusion editorial: State needs fixes to avoid a repeat (Sac Bee) As for the Legislature itself, an open primary in place of the partisan nominating system we have now might help elect more moderate lawmakers and lead to a more consensus-oriented body.
For more independent news, see The Hankster, where the independents are.