As many of you may have guessed by the title, I’m putting on a fundraiser that’s about making your experience here richer. See, I feel that we’re a community here at Donklephant and as such we have to work together to help make it grow. That’s why all the money donated will be used to make the site bigger and better. All of it goes back in. That’s a promise.
So then, our goal is to raise $3,000 for the site, and while that may seem like a lot all it would take is for the 150 people who subscribe through Feedburner to each donate $20. That’s roughly $1.75 a month or just 5 cents a day for subscribing. But whether it’s $200 or $20 or $2, we’ll be happy with anything you decide to give.
So what will that $3,000 be used for? Here’s the plan:
- A significant redesign that will look better, have more community features and enable us to offer you more content from sources like news feeds, video feeds and more.
- Change our hosting plan so the site is more secure and loads faster.
- Hire an admin to keep tabs on the site so we experience virtually no downtime.
- Expand the site to include subdomains about technology, business, entertainment and more. This way you can get more of the news that’s important to you all in one place.
- Hire bloggers to help bring you more original content.
So that’s the plan. Hit the Make A Donation button in the top right hand corner today to contribute securely through PayPal or you can email me personally at justinpgardner at yahoo dot com to make other arrangements. I’ll be posting about this every few days throughout December with updates on how we’re doing.
Thanks again for reading!
UPDATE: Dec 10, 10:30 p.m.:
We’ve raised $30 so far today. That’s 1% down, 99% to go. 🙂
Seriously, every little bit helps.
UPDATE: Dec 11, 1:45 p.m.:
We’ve had another $15 donation, so that brings us to $45. Remember, all of this money goes to make the site better. Nothing goes into my pocket. That has to be worth at least $10 to 100 of you, right?
UPDATE: Dec 12:
Now you can use this handy widget to donate.
Thanks again for all your support!