X at The Showbox (at the Market)
I saw the Los Angeles based Punk band X at the Showbox (at the market) last night. It was a great show, I loved it! Boy, times sure have changed since they started in 1977.
video courtesy of bert2099
Here are my top 5 changes at an X show since the 1977
1. 1977 – one out of every four people have eye liner on vs. 2008 – one out of every four people have an iPhone
2. 1977 – if you want to see X you have to go to a show like everyone else vs. 2008 – if you want to see X, you can find them on youtube.com. But you should go see them live you loser!
3. 1977 – guitarist Billy Zoom is a legend vs. 2008 – guitarist Billy Zoom is a legend
4. 1977 – you mostly see 21 year old males with slick black hair in the crowd vs. 2008 – you mostly see 45 year old males with not a lot of hair in the crowd
5. 1977 – John Doe, Exene, D.J. Bonebrake and Billy Zoom are ahead of their time vs. 2008 – John Doe, Exene, D.J. Bonebrake and Billy Zoom are ahead of their time.
Okay, so some things don’t really change!
Find your next Punk Rock event at CultureMob.com