SurveyUSA: Obama Leads By 1 In Indiana
Obama – 48%
McCain – 47%
This basically means they’re tied, but Indiana is usually a very reliably red state, so this is actually quite surprising.
- Among men, McCain leads by 5; among women, Obama leads by 7 — a 12-point gender gap.
- Among voters age 18 to 49, Obama leads by 5; among voters 50+, McCain leads by 3.
- Obama leads by 22 points among voters under age 35.
- 16% of Republicans cross over to vote for Democrat Obama; 19% of Democrats cross over to vote for Republican McCain; Independents favor Obama by 7 points.
- Among those voters who say they have already made up their minds, the two candidates are tied; among the 25% who say they could still change their mind, Obama leads by 2.
More as it develops…