Alright…this has gone beyond silly and is now firmly into the “insulting our intelligence” category.
Listen to what she had to say to Fox News about the Couric interview…
â€œI did feel there were a lot of things she was missing in terms of an opportunity to ask what a VP candidate stands for, what the values are that are represented in our ticket,” Palin said. “I guess I have to apologize for being a bit annoyed, but thatâ€™s also an indication about being outside that Washington elite, outside that media elite also, and just wanting to talk to Americans without the filter and let them know what we stand for.”
Yeah, that’s why the Couric interview went bad…because she didn’t ask you the right questions.
Let’s run down some of the key questions Gibson and Couric asked Palin that she flubbed…
- Her views on the Bush Doctrine.
- Her philosophy on earmarks, McCain’s philosophy on earmarks and a challenge about Bridge to Nowhere.
- Her views on global warming and a challenge about it being man made.
- Her foreign policy experience as it relates to Alaska being close to Russia.
- Her take on the economic crisis and McCain’s rescue plan.
- Examples of when McCain has called for more regulation instead of less.
- What has shaped her world view and where does she get her information from?
- Her views on Roe v. Wade and other landmark SCOTUS decisions.
And yet somehow these don’t qualify as being about Palin’s values or the values that would be represented on the McCain/Palin ticket?
And, do note, there are many more questions both interviewers asked (I don’t count the Hannity interview), and nearly all of them had to do with what she thought about key issues.
Seriously, how dumb does this woman think we are?
Oh, but wait…there’s more…
“Man, no matter what you say you are gonna get clobbered,” Palin told Fox about her heavily-scrutinized performance. “You choose to answer you are going to get clobbered on the answer. If you choose to pivot and try to go onto another subject that you believe Americans want to hear about, you get clobbered for that too.”
No Sarah, you “get clobbered” for many different reasons, not the least of which is when you answer a question with talking points strung together so incoherently that nobody can determine what you meant.
On the flip side, you don’t get clobbered when you answer a question with clear, concise ideology that fits into your party’s worldview. This isn’t tough stuff, and yet you continue to dig yourself further into a hole by blaming the media for your own failings.
By the way…any plans for holding public press conferences or going on the Sunday newsers? Or would those not allow you to express your views without a filter either?