CBS Snap Debate Poll: Obama 39%, McCain 27%
These numbers look a lot like CBS’ numbers on the first debate, where Obama won by 13%.
Here are the numbers from a poll of 500 uncommitted voters…
- How did the debate impact vote preferences?
15% say they are now committed to Obama
14% to McCain
70% are still uncommitted
- Would make the right decisions about the economy?
McCain: 41% before the debate, 49% after
Obama: 54% before the debate, 68% after
- Understands your needs?
McCain: 35% before the debate, 46% after
Obama: 60% before the debate, 80% after
- Prepared for the job of president?
McCain: 80% before the debate, 84% after
Obama: 42% before the debate, 57% after
- Did candidates answer the questions they were asked?
57% yes, 42% no — for both candidates
Obama continues to dominate the “economic” and “understands my needs” categories.
He will win this election.
Welcome readers of FiveThirtyEight. Here are some other posts about tonight’s debate:
- CNN Snap Debate Poll: Obama 54%, McCain 30%
- Obama Didnâ€™t Win. McCain Lost.
- What Happened To Ponytail Guy?: Reacting To The â€œTown Hallâ€ Debate
- Is McCainâ€™s Homeowner Bailout Proposal New?
- Alan Stewart Carl’s Debate Reaction
Also, you can grab our RSS feed here.