Election Night Parties in Seattle
Republicans are Red,
Democrats are Blue
Whatever you voted,
There’s drinkin’ to do!
Seattle is a political town, full of passion and outspoken characters, luke-warm initiatives and hot debates on the street, sign-filled protests and the ubiquitous LaRouche booth. You know you care, so for the red-white-and-blue epic adventure that is the 2008 presidential election, after you vote don’t just sit at home alone and scream at your television- instead get out on the town and gather your friends around to watch the election results filter in and the nation pull itself out of it’s current downward spiral OR crumble forever into mindless oblivion.
BEST ELECTION RESULTS PARTIES IN SEATTLE: Tuesday November 4th
1. The Stranger’s Election Party at Showbox at the Market: This is the big one! It’s free, hosted by Dan Savage, and not fettered by loud DJs or go-go dancers or annoying speeches. Just the election results, and booze.
3. I will be with all those electronic music freaks and robots at the Nectar Lounge in Fremont, but this Election Night Dance Party isn’t just about getting election results- it’s also about getting down. Join local superstar DJs Ctrl_Alt_Del, Kadeejah Streets, Travis Baron, Grindle and more as share their great love of America with the dance floor.Â
6. Get fancy at the Northwest Film Forum with anÂ Election Evening Extravaganza! Just saying that makes me feel patriotic! Join dead presidents (in costume form not dolla-dolla bill form) as well as major network broadcasts in two cinemas, radio coverage in the lobby, and a giant U.S. map with red and blue lightbulbs!
8. Soak up that political anxiety with appetizers and a salad bar buffet at the 1st Congressional District and Snohomish County’s 2008 Election Night Party at the Nile Shrine Center.
11. With the best party name and an MC to boot, the Election Night Throw DownÂ at See Sound LoungeÂ has live election coverage and $3 drink specials. Watch the results with a cocktail in hand and two feet on the dance floor.
12. Dispose with all this fluff and just watch the results with your sandwich at the Nickerson Street Saloon.
***This blog post is non-partisan except for the fact that I really,Â REALLYÂ want Obama to win.***
“FREEDOM IS THE ONLY WAY-HEY!”