Election Night Parties in Portland
Portland is a beautiful green city, full of nice characters, some really great music, a tram, a giant bookstore, and a shiny clean dose of political activism. Which means, come November 4th, the Portlanders will be out and about and looking for a place to watch the election returns, gather with neohippie friends and drink a delicious local microbrew or two.
Where to go? Let your red-white-and-blue wings carry you these top Election Night Parties in Portland:
4. The Green Party may not be putting a tree-hugger in the White House, but that’s not going to stop them from kicking back with the rest of America in front of a big screen with beer in hand at the Portland Pacific Green Party’s Election Night party at the Redwing Coffee and Bakery.
5. Willamette Week is having an Election Night RagerÂ at Grand Central BowlÂ with live blogging, cheap bowling and cheaper beer, high-def TV coverage and live music from Joe Nasty- and they will be broadcasting it all live with host Rick Emerson.
5. News anchors from KOIN Channel 6 will be at the 2008 Election WatchÂ at McMenamin’s Bagdad Theatre & Pub; join them and watch the results live on air and maybe even get an interview with Mike Donahue!
7. For a classic American experience including popcorn, a big balloon drop, champagne and ten flat-screen TVS get to The Cleaners at the Ace HotelÂ for their Election Night Party 2008. This 21+ event charges $15, but all the proceeds are matched by the Ace Hotel and will go to the organization of your vote. Plus, free snacks!
9. Swanky and sophisticated, the Gilt Club is celebrating their anniversary along with Election Night with coverage shown throughout the dining room. I’ll take the smoked duck and Obama for president, please.
***This blog post is non-partisan except for the fact that I really,Â REALLYÂ want Obama to win.***
â€œFREEDOM IS THE ONLY WAY-HEY!â€