Top 20 Donklephant Posts Of 2008
I’m “borrowing” this idea from Political Wire, but I’m also increasing the number of posts and showing you the page views each one had.
- Fred Phelps Going Down? – 34,386
- You Wonâ€™t Believe What Michael Phelps Eats Everyday – 25,592
- Eat! Eat! Eat! & Always Stay Thin! With Tape Worms! – – 23,228
- Kop Busters – 21,054
- Hillaryâ€™s Team Demands Obama Release His Tax Returns – 19,004
- New Yorker Cover Clearly Satire – 17,964
- Supreme Court To Review Obamaâ€™s Citizenship – 17,425
- From The Department Of â€œARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!â€ – 15,822
- Bill Clinton Nods Off During MLK Tribute Speech – 15,634
- Does Constitution Bar Hillary From Becoming Sec of State? – 14,894
- CBS Snap Debate Poll: Obama 39%, McCain 27% – 13,756
- Bush Congratulates Obama On Securing The Nomination – 12,962
- Clinton Camp Accuses Obama Of Plagiarism – 11,962
- NORAD Tracking Santa – 10,875
- Clinton Claims She Didnâ€™t Say McCain More Qualified Than Obama – 10,144
- Sarah Palinâ€™s 1,100+ Secret Emails – 9,771
- Patton Oswalt Delivers the Goods as Graduation Speaker – 9,634
- Final: Iraq Had No Links To Al Qaeda – 9,259
- Quote Of The Day From Schwarzenegger – 9,127
- Sign Of The Times? Anti-Obama Billboard In Missouri – 9,117
The “lesson learned” from all of this?
Even though Donklephant is clearly a political blog 99% of the time, it’s interesting to note that non-political posts can be wildly popular too. Because notice that only 1 of the top 5 posts of the year was about the political horse race. Sure, the Fred Phelps and Kop Busters posts are about political topics, but they have little to do with the biggest narrative of 2008: the election.
Also, these top 20 posts last year grabbed 311,610 page views. That’s about 15% of our total traffic for the year. So more doesn’t always mean better, although I do find that posting more results in more of these big traffic posts. Because you never know what’s going to hit.
Just some food for thought for you bloggers out there.