Say Hello To The New Donklephant Writers
Today is Donklephant’s 4th anniversary, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate then inviting some new writers into the fray to help build the community and make the conversations more diverse. Specifically, I’ve invited 4 daily bloggers and 3 guest bloggers to join.
Most of the new authors will be starting immediately, but some might chime in a bit later in the month given vacation and other commitments. However, my guess is that the number of posts you’ll see on Donklephant will almost double in the next month, which means now you’ll be even less productive at work. 🙂
So then, let’s meet the new writers!
- Byron Tau of Heartless and Brainless will cover freedom of expression, intellectual property and first amendment issues, as well as anti-nanny state news and the ins and outs of the political process.
- Solomon Kleinsmith, formerly of New Nebraska, is currently pursuing a Masters degree in Public Administration, with an emphasis in nonprofit management. He’ll be blogging about politics in general, but don’t be surprised if you hear him talk about ways moderates and centrist/mainstream independents can gain a greater foothold.
- David Anthony Hohol of Relativity Online has lived in Dubai the last six years and during that time has also spent time in Syria, Iran, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, and Sudan. He’ll be giving us an insider’s perspective on issues facing the Middle East and beyond.
- The blogger who will be known simply as “Jacob” joins us from outside of the day-to-day blogosphere, and brings to the table a sharp wit and a unique voice. He’ll be blogging on the weekends with longer form editorials and roundups of reader comments that were made throughout the week.
- Jill Miller Zimon of BlogHer’s Writes Like She Talks is a well known moderate blogger who has appeared on CNN and is running for City Council in Pepper Pike, OH. She’ll be joining us from time to time with thoughts about issues facing women and politics in general.
- Nancy Hanks of The Hankster is a true political independent and will be covering news and opinion for independent voters.
- And last, but certainly not least, Tully D. Blogg (yes, Tully from the comments section) will be mixing it up on any issue you can think of. But be forewarned, if you’re looking to debate him you better bring your A-game and a whole mess of statistics.
Also, in the next few months you’ll see a brand new design for the site that will feature dynamically gathered news, a more attractive design, threaded comments, the ability to sign in with your various social accounts and much, much more. I’m VERY excited about it and my hope is that you will be too. And if you want to hit the tip jar to help out a bit, well, I won’t complain. 🙂
By the way, many thanks to all who applied. It was great getting a chance to talk to you and I look forward to continuing the conversations on this blog and elsewhere.
That’s it for now. Hope you enjoy all the new voices!