- How Dems Can Cut Their Losses (by Charlie Cook, National Journal) Part of the genius of the 1994 GOP “Contract with America” was its message that resonated with the independent voters and others who voted for Ross Perot in 1992. It was less ideological and more outsider.
- Morning Fix: A premature celebration for the GOP (Chris Cillizza, Washington Post/The Fix)
- Public option gains support (By Dan Balz and Jon Cohen, Washington Post) Only 20 percent of adults identify themselves as Republicans, little changed in recent months, but still the lowest single number in Post-ABC polls since 1983. Political independents continue to make up the largest group, at 42 percent of respondents; 33 percent call themselves Democrats.
- The Return Of Coughlinism (Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic/Daily Dish)
- California “Top-Two” Proposal Compared to Washington State’s “Top-Two” Law (Ballot Access News)
More news headlines at The Hankster