Denver International Wine Festival
If you love great wine and foods, the Denver International Wine Festival (DIWF) is a must-attend event.Â This year marks the 5th annual DIWF, which has become known as one of the premier wine and food pairing events.Â It showcases wineries from all over the world, beautiful fine art, and master chef’s from right here in Colorado.
The event is taking place on November 12th and 13th, and Mayor John Hickenlooper has dedicated the entire week as “Denver Wine Week”.
Thursday, November 12th – Tickets: $100/person
From 6:00 – 9:00 PM, the “Taste of Elegance Chef’s Wine and Food Competition” takes place at the Mile High Station.Â This is widely regarded as Denver’s premier wine and food pairing competition.
The event includes award winning wines that have been selected through a blind taste test from a panel of expert judges. Expert chef’s then compete in an “Iron Chef” style competition, creating delicious dishes to pair with the selected wines.Â In addition, a live and silent auction will take place prior to the award ceremony.
Friday, November 13th
From 9:00 AM – 4 PM, the “Colorado VIP Winery Day Tour & Chef’s Demo” takes place.Â This event departs from the Warwick Denver Hotel, and includes 3 Front Range Wineries, RT Trans, Gourmet Lunch and Chefs Demo (50 limit) $125.00 per person.Â The ticket includes the following:
- Roundtrip transportation in a luxury motor coach with expert tour guide
- VIP tours and wine tasting at three prestigious winery estates
- Complimentary snacks and water served onboard the motor coach
- Exclusive Wine Country InternationalÂ® Wine 101- a virtual crash course on the basics of wine
- Area history and points of interest covered by expert tour guide
- Wine cellar tour with winemaking overview
- Rare & exclusive barrel tasting with award winning winemaker
- Walking Vineyard Tour & viticultural discussion
- Gourmet restaurant lunch with a selection of three delicious entrees.
- Chef’s cooking demonstration
- Bon Voyage! Artisan Cheese Course served at the last winery prior to departure
- Special-purchasing opportunities available at winery gift shops
From 2:00 – 9:00 PM, there will be a tasting of delicious international wines and foods at the Mile High Station.Â Tickets are $75 for general admission, and includes over 450 imported and domestic wines by over 100 wineries from numerous areas around the globe. Wine Country International magazine’s editors have personally selected premium wines based on quality, region and varietal. The “Grand Tasting” will include foods created by gourmet producers and Colorado restaurants.
The festival will also include selected spirits,artisan crafted beers, exhibits by luxury travel destinations, fine art and wine paraphernalia. This one-day event will also feature the Award-Winning Wines from the Denver International Wine Competition and a silent auction. A variety of optional Educational Seminars will also be offered throughout the day.
For more information on this delicious event, visit www.DenverWineFest.com