R5 Productions Hosts their Annual Punk Rock Flea Market December 19th and 20th at Starlight Ballroom.
R5 Productions is one of the leading independent concert promoters in the country. And Sean Agnew and his crew do a good job of making all ages shows in Philadelphia a a lot more widespread. But with the insurance policy, equipment, supplies, and then some that they have to maintain year in and year out; it’s not always an easy thing to do. And that’s the main reason they host two Punk Rock Flea Markets every year, so that they have an extra way of generating proceeds towards their increasing funds. And that’s all the more reason why you should attend this event.
From R5 Productions website –
“THE PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET !
It’s that time again for the bi-annual (twice a year) PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET! Our most popular reoccurring event/show/whatever (by far). We had over 4000 visitors and 100+ tables of old records, clothes, art, music, food, junk, bicycles, stereo equipment, instruments, automobiles, tools, posters, furniture, computers, skateboards and lots of other stuff this past February. It’s all going down this weekend at The Starlight Ballroom (right below 9th & Spring Garden Sts)
To meet the increasing demand of people wanting to sell their stuff at this we have spread it out over two days for Holiday Season : Saturday Dec 19th and Sunday Dec 20th. Each day will have entirely different sellers (not a single repeat seller). Your admission donation is good for entry both days, so you can come in and out as many times as you would like over the weekend! In addition there will be much more room to shop compared to flea markets in the past as we eliminated 25 or so tables from the usual set up (but since it’s over two days, there are more total tables…get it?)
All proceeds raised will go towards the purchase of necessary equipment and supplies to ensure that all ages shows continue to remain a reality at The First Unitarian Church in Philadelphia – mainly our payment for our liability insurance policy. The left over funds will go to purchasing a new smaller PA system so we can do a few smaller shows at all ages spaces this spring (instead of doing them in our 21+ venues). Do not let the “name of the event” lead you to believe that it’s just punk records, clothes etc. – it’s a full on flea market with everything from furniture, to laptops / computers , to stereo equipment, to handmade apparel, to vegan treats, information from various non profit groups, book stores, artists selling their work, bicycles & skateboards and whatever else they can fit onto the ballroom floor at The Starlight Ballroom.”
Last year’s Summer Flea Market introduced the idea of having two flea markets over a single weekend, and it worked so well that their bringing it back permanently. So it means that each day will have different vendors selling their wares. It also gives more people a fair opportunity to register as sellers. This is good since the holiday season will easily generate a huge demand.
As always their is a $3 entry fee which goes toward supporting R5 Productions and their shows. Personal tables at the Flea market cost $45 for a half table, and $65 for a full. Business tables at the Flea Market cost $65 for a half table, and $85 for a full.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING :
1) There will be 40 less tables than usual for this event, in order to make up for it the flea market will be held over two days. At the time being you can only sign up for one day (not both!)
2) We are continuing w/ two pricing levels. One for people’s old junk and one for “businesses”. Businesses means anything that’s not personally yours. This includes vintage clothing, record distro, t-shirts, anything crafted, baked, painted, created, screen printed, manufactured etc. This is to ensure the flea market actually remains a flea market! Tables for individuals are $65 for a full table (still not to shabby – again 4000+ people came through the door in July). Half tables will be $45. For businesses : full tables are $85 / Half Tables are $65. Not sure what you are ? Get in touch!
3)ONLY PERSONAL TABLES CAN BE REGISTERED FOR THE FIRST 14 DAYS. NO BUSINESSES CAN REGISTER. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE A BUSINESS TABLE – YOU WILL LOSE YOUR TABLE AND NOT BE REFUNDED! IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS YOU MUST WAIT TILL NOVEMBER 24TH TO REGISTER
4) IF BUSINESS TABLES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE – THEY ARE SOLD OUT. DO NOT REGISTER UNDER A PERSONAL TABLE. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE A BUSINESS UNER A PERSONAL TABLE RESERVATION – YOU WILL LOSE YOUR TABLE AND $$$
5) We are ONLY allowing reservations to be made online (we are no longer doing in person “tickets”) – it was just way to confusing to keep track and created the biggest most confusing mess ever. Sorry!
6) We provide the tables and chairs. If you have a specific request please e-mail us with it at : sean@r5productions dot com We don’t mean to sound like jerks, but some sellers act like crazy people and try and work around these “rules”. So we cant to VERY clear and precise. Thanks for registering and we appreciate your support.