Lincoln Center's New Public Space — Free Performances, Refreshments November 19th
The David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Centeron Broadway between 62nd and 63rd Streets is finally opening — it was this dark and forbidding lobby before. It is now (according to Lincoln Center)
* A resource for day-of discount tickets for all 12 Lincoln Center organizations
* A venue for free performances as part of Target Free Thursdays
* The starting point for guided tours of the campus
* A gateway for information about Lincoln Center and its exciting redevelopment
* The home of Chef Tom Colicchio’s ‘wichcraft cafÃ©
* A destination for free Wi-Fi access
* A vibrant community gathering place to linger and enjoy
On Thursday, there will be opening day attractions:
12:00 Performance by Asphalt Orchestra, a new marching band conceived by Bang on a Can, commissioned by Lincoln Center.
Visit the Target Tent on 62nd Street between Broadway and Amsterdam, offering free refreshments and activities from midday until 10:00 pm.
1:00 Performance by the Juilliard Jazz Ensemble (presented in collaboration with The Juilliard School)
4:00 Performance by Kubiak-Pakhomov Duo, cello & piano (presented in collaboration with Bronx Council on the Arts)
8:30 Performance by Sexteto Rodriguez Cuban-Jewish All Stars (presented in collaboration with Target Free Thursdays). These Cuban and Israeli musicians play rousing dance music that synthesizes Cuban danzon and timba, Jewish klezmer, and modern jazz.
Target Free Thursdays provide free public performances every Thursday night of the year at 8:30, at the David Rubenstein Atrium. These concerts will span pop, Latin, rock, soul, country, spoken word, jazz, world music, classical music, and more.