Chicago Blackhawks: Hottest Ticket In Town
Just a fewÂ years ago, you could arrive at the United Center (1901 W. Madison, Chicago), five minutes before puck drop, and purchase 300-level tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks game for as low as $10. The stadium was half empty, a hot dog didn’t cost upwards of $8, and you showed up to every game to show your love and dedication for the franchise.
Things started to change quickly during the 2008-2009 season when the Hawks ended their seven-year playoff drought, but the celebration quickly came to an end when the Hawks were knocked out Stanley Cup contention by dreaded rival Detroit Red Wings in the Western Conference Championship. However, “Red Rising” came back in search of their “One Goal” during the 2009-2010 season achieving goal, after goal, after goal and…the ultimate goal.
Let’s do a quick run-down…
- SIX players invited to play in the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver: Patrick Kane (USA), Jonathan Toews (Canada), Duncan Keith (Canada), Brent Seabrook (Canada), Marian Hossa (Slovakia) and Tomas Kopecky (Slovakia).
- THREE gold medal winners: Toews, Keth, Seabrook (Canada)
- ONE silver medalist: Kane (USA)
- Defeat Nashville Predators in six games during the first round
- Defeat Vancouver Canucks in six games during the second round
- Defeat top-seeded San Jose Sharks, sweeping them in four games, during the Western Conference Finals and advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1992
- End 49-year drought and defeat the Philadelphia Flyers in six games to WIN THE STANLEY CUP, thanks to Patrick Kane’s game-winning overtime goal
- James Norris Memorial Trophy winner for Best Defenseman in the NHL goes to Duncan Keith
This is just a handful of the achievements that brought the crowd’s roar back to the Madhouse on Madison. Since 2008, there have been countless game-winning-goals, hat-tricks, amazing plays, unbelievable penalty kills, amusing fights, entertaining Blackhawks TV videos and many more memorable moments that deem a single Chicago Blackhawks game-day ticket the HOTTEST ticket in town.
So if you’ve just jumped on the bandwagon, you may want to keep tabs on ticket sales, camp outside the stadium, etc. But be warned…you may have to fight off thousands of fans that have waited 49 long years for this moment. My advice? Be respectful of other fans, get a piggy bank and be prepared to purchase overpriced tickets on broker websites. For now? Enjoy this moment. There’s a reason people say the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win…in all of sports. LET’S GO, BLACKHAWKS!