Win a free pair of tickets to Come Fly Away, the Tharp-Sinatra Broadway musical
When “Come Fly Away” opened on Broadway, I wrote in my review of this collaboration between Twyla Tharp and Frank Sinatra: Call it a jukebox ballet, a concert in motion, a medley with benefits. Be open to being entertained.
I have a voucher for a pair of tickets to give out.
Update: The number picked at Random.org was 22. The winner, then, is Stephanie Warren. Congratulations Stephanie.
The rules for this contest are simple.
1. Write in the comments section below about the most memorable piece of choreography you have seen on Broadway and/or any comments about what distinguishes dancing on Broadway from dance elsewhere.
2. The winner will be chosen at random, on Random.org, based on the order in which you put your comment down below.
3. In other words, the contents of the comments have nothing to do with who wins. It’s random. (However, you must write something coherent that addresses the question.)
4. You must enter your comments by Monday, July 12, 2010 by 3 p.m. Eastern Time. The drawing will be conducted by 5 p.m. that day.
5. To qualify for the tickets, you must be available to attend one of the following performances at the Marriott Theater in New York City between July 20th â€“ September 3rd, 2010:
Tuesdays at 7pm, Wednesdays at 8pm, Thursdays at 8pm, Fridays at 8pm
or between September 7th – September 26th, 2010:
Tuesdays at 7pm, Thursdays at 7pm, Fridays at 8pm, Sundays at 6:30pm
In order to claim your winning tickets, you must contact me within 24 hours of the contest’s end.
You also have to fax your requests at least ONE WEEK in advance of your first desired performance.
For other theater contests, and for up-to-the-minute (or at least the hour) news and views about New York theater, follow Jonathan Mandell on Twitter at New York Theater