Important Reminder:Â The K9 Cancer Walk is August 21st in Estes Park.Â Join a group of dedicated people who are actively making a difference to our canine friends.Â Over $30,000 has been raised already!
Location: Stanley Park- 380 Community Drive, Estes Park, CO 80517 Map It
- 8 a.m. â€“ Registration/Check-in/Vendors Open
- 9 a.m. â€“ The K9 Cancer Walk begins (participants have a choice of a long walk of nearly 4 miles or a short walk of less than 1 mile).Â
- 11 a.m. â€“ Updates on the latest canine cancer research developments and Canine Cancer Campaign news.Â Speakers include: Robin Downing, DVM, Patricia N. Olson, DVM, PhD, and Rod Page, MS, DVM.
Registration: $35 for adults, $20 for children (10â€“17), children under 10 are free.Â You can still register online until August 19th.Â Â
Morris Animal Foundation’s Canine Cancer Campaign funds health research to prevent, treat and ultimately cure cancer in dogs. The goals are:
1)Â Provide new treatments for dogs currently suffering from cancer
2) Establish a high-quality tumor sample bank that can be used by cancer researchers
3) Develop prevention strategies so this disease might one day be eliminated or, at the very least, drastically reduced in incidence and severity
4) Train new researchers who will work to find preventions, treatments and the ultimate cures
After the Walk
Estes Park is a picturesque mountain town with plenty to do.Â Once you finish the K9 Cancer Walk, you can spend the remainder of the day enjoyingÂ Estes Park.Â For activity ideas click here.
List of Vendors:
- American Humane Animal-Assisted Therapy
- Beezer and Boomer
- Bone Cancer Dogs, Inc
- Chuck Latham Associates, Inc.
- Colorado Paw Pages
- Happy Hounds
- Humane Society of Boulder Valley
- Jaime Rowe Photography
- Mary Kent
- Mile High Weimaraner Rescue
- MoJeaux’s Bar and Grill
- Morris Animal Foundation
- Pet Tales.TV
- Picture Your World Photography
- The Cassinis Pet Trust Firm
- The Mom and Paw Shop
- VCA Veterinary Specialists of Northern Colorado
- Windsor Veterinary Clinic
- YMCA of the Rockies