My latest ticket giveaway contest is to Stephen Sondheim’s â€œA Little Night Musicâ€ with Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch. In my review
of this replacement cast, I write: â€œSomething unexpected has happenedâ€¦It has gotten better.â€
The rules for this contest to win a pair of free tickets to “A Little Night Music”:
1. Go to Facebook’s New York Theater page (If the link doesn’t work, go to Facebook and type in â€œNew York Theaterâ€ in the search box at the top). If you haven’t already, â€œlikeâ€ the page.
2. Under my post about â€œA Little Night Musicâ€ at the top, in the space where it says â€œWrite a comment,â€ tell me your favorite Bernadette Peters, Elaine Stritch, or Stephen Sondheim story. These don’t have to be original stories that happened to you. They can be stories you’ve read, or interviews with them you’ve seen on television, etc. Just please cite your source; provide a link if possible.
3. The winner will be chosen at random, on Random.org, based on the order in which you put your comment down on the New York Theater Facebook page.
4. In other words, the contents of the comments have nothing to do with who wins. It’s random. However, you must write something about one of the three people.
5. You must enter your comments by Wednesday, August 25, at noon EST. The drawing will be held by 5 p.m.
6. To qualify for the tickets, you must be available to attend one of the following performances at the Walter Kerr Theater, 219 West 48th Street, in New York City from September 7 to October 31, 2010:
Tuesday evenings Wednesday matinees & evenings, Thursday and Friday evenings, Saturday matinees and Sunday evenings
7.In order to claim your winning tickets, you must contact me within 24 hours of the contest’s end.
You also have to fax your requests at least ONE WEEK in advance of your first desired performance.
8. The fine print:
The winner must fill out the voucher and fax it in 1 week prior to their first performance choice. Tickets are subject to availability. Offer not valid for Saturday evenings. Any reproduction of this certificate is invalid. This certificate is non-refundable if lost or stolen and non-exchangeable once the fax is received. This offer is non-transferable. No cash exchange permitted. Any attempt to sell this certificate constitutes fraud and will void this certificate.
For other theater contests, and for up-to-the-minute news, views and reviews about New York theater, follow Jonathan Mandell on Twitter at New York Theater
More from my review: â€œIt is shocking to realize that Peters debuted on Broadway 51 years ago; she looks too young for that to be possible. But she brings to the role all that experienceâ€¦.Her rendition of â€œSend in The Clownsâ€ was so touching it made me feel as if I had never understood that song before.â€