Technology with attitude

Urban Prep Academy’s Aces Up Texas Hold’em Tournament

0 0

Urban Prep Academy is not your average urban school. It was founded 4 years ago by Tim King, and this year Urban Prep had its first graduating class. 100 percent of them are college bound this fall. This is a school like no other and they need funding. Chicago Public Schools accounts for about 75% of Urban Preps funds. The remaining 25% are raised privately through donation and charities like Aces Up!

This is the 4th year Urban Prep Academy is doing their Aces Up! Celebrity Texas Hold’em Tournament. Held Friday August 27, 2010. Tickets are $100 to watch and $250 to play. All the proceeds go to Urban Prep Academy. Doors open at 5pm and the first round begins at 6:30pm. The Tournament will be held at River East Center, 435 E Illinois St. The local celebrity charity event is a Texas Hold’em Tournament with a pool as big as $10,000. This year’s celebrities include Illinois State Treasurer and Senate Hopeful Alexi Giannoulias, Urban Prep Academica Founder and CEO Tim King, College Football Hall of Famer and Former Chicago Bear Chris Zorich, and Chicago Sun-Times Columnist and TV/Radio Personality Richard Roeper.

Urban Prep’s mission statement is: The mission of Urban Prep is to provide a comprehensive, high-quality college preparatory education to young men that results in graduates succeeding in college. They certainly have succeeded this past year.

To get tickets, register, or find more information, visit the Aces Up! Tourney website. For more information on Urban Prep Academy and their program, visit the Urban Prep Academy website.