Roommate Claims Mike Starr Mixed Drugs Before His Death
Citing original Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr’s roommate, TMZ.com claims that the musician — whose lifeless body was discovered in a Salt Lake City, Utah, residence March 8 — was mixing drugs in the hours before his death.
The roommate claims Mike had been using methadone recently, in an effort to get sober. He had also been taking medication to battle anxiety issues he had been suffering from since his arrest last month.
The roommate says Starr was doing a good job of managing his meds, but was “mixing” methadone with the anxiety medication Monday night. It is still not known whether Starr lived in the home he died in.
Law enforcement sources claim an official cause of death has yet to be determined. Results of toxicology tests could take several weeks, and oftentimes, such official pronouncements are held until those results are in — especially when the decedent had a heavy drug past.
“Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober,” Starr’s roommate told TMZ. “I am going to miss him greatly.”
Police have said that drugs were located next to Starr’s body when they arrived on scene.