Inspired by Interaxon’s blogpost about BCI Workshops in the United Kingdom we also take a moment to list the upcoming events held by the Austrian g.tec medical engineering company. Known worldwide for its Intendix system g.tec is visiting several universities in the United Kingdom in April 2011 to give theoretical and hands-on tutorials of brain-computer interface applications.
As a special advantage a local BCI specialist is invited to tell the attendees more about his / her research. Entry is free, but registration is required.
Dates and places of g.tec presentations:
- April 11th, 2011 University of Essex
- April 12th, 2011 University College London
- April 13th, 2011 Imperial College London
- April 15th, 2011 University of Reading
- April 18th, 2011 University of Warwick
- April 21st, 2011 University of Glasgow
The workshops will demonstrate all major concepts for BCI control: motor imagery for cursor control, P300 for spelling and smart home control, SSVEP for robot control.
Program of the workshops:
- 10:00 Welcome, introduction
- 10:15 Introduction to 5 major methodological approaches of BCI
- 11:45 Special talk / lecture on BCI (held by a local professor or researcher)
- 12:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 Practical part: introduction to hard- and software
- 14:00 Hands-on sessions: P300-Speller, SSVEP-BCI, Motor imagery BCI
- 16:00 Final discussion & questions
More details and registration info at http://gtec.at/News-Events/Workshops.
g.tec is a growing enterprise with two branches in Austria (Graz and Schiedlberg) and distribution partners all over the world.