Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine Says Gigantour Returning In 2012
Yes, kids. Rejoice! The worst of the traveling festivals to emerge in the wake of the original Ozzfest will be returning in 2012.
Kevin and Ian of the “Metal Shop” radio show, which airs on the Seattle station KISW 99.9 FM, conducted an interview with Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine at the third show of the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival on July 12 in Auburn, Washington.
When asked when fans can expect to see the return of Gigantour, Mustaine said, “Next year. We just started booking that last week.”
What a funny coincidence? It’s almost as if they were told beforehand by a publicist to ask about Gigantour. Almost.
“We’ve got three of the four bands booked and confirmed, but we’re gonna wait until the whole package [is set] before we say it. But I’m pretty excited about that. I always thought the Gigantour is a really cool vibe, because it’s about the guitar playing. Now, these bands that are gonna be part of Gigantour [next] year aren’t shredding bands by any means, but I think they’re cool just the same. There’s really not a lot of great bands left to go out and tour [with] that are guitar-playing bands. Most people got afraid of doing solos — probably because they couldn’t.”