Windows Phone 8.1 Update Release Date
Several news reports have been spreading all over the net regarding the Windows Phone 8.1 update.
The first rumor about the phone, which others would refer as the “Windows Phone Blue”, has actually started spreading since last year. By now, we are aware of the official name of the update and several other important details.
There have been several reports regarding the Windows Phone 8.1, however, some of these are mere rumors only and others are even fake news reports. But among the most interesting topics when it comes to the Windows Phone 8.1 update is the release date. Let us find out more about this.
Based on news reports and other speculations online, the Windows Phone 8.1 update will include the following features:
- Actionable Notifications – it will include an ability to perform immediate action without having to go to the app.
- Cortana – this will be a brand new voice assistant that will rival Siri as well as Google Now.
- File Manager – there will be an app that allows users to see what was stored on the device.
- Notification Center – there will be a central location for all of the notifications that will show up on your phone.
- Quick Settings – users can toggle to some few common settings, chosen by the user.
- Virtual Buttons – there will be some on screen buttons, instead of mere hardware buttons only.
- Volume Controls – will come with the ability to set different volume controls for ringtones, media, alerts, and many more.
Aside from the features stated above, the Windows Phone 8.1 update is also said to be able to support bigger screens as well as high end hardware.
There are also some rumors that there will be three new devices that will launch the Windows Phone 8.1 update and these are the Samsung Huron, Nokia Moneypenny, as well as the Nokia Goldfinger. All of these names are simply codenames. The Samsung Huron is still a mystery for a lot of people, although rumors have it that it will come with a 4.3 to 5 inch display screen. The Nokia Moneypenny is said to feature some virtual buttons while the Nokia Goldfinger will come with a high tech 3D touch screen feature which resembles that of the Air Gesture mobile from Samsung.
Rumored Release Date
As mentioned above, one of the most talked about rumors concerning the Windows Phone 8.1 update is the release date. Unfortunately, this is the topic that no one is really certain about, although some would say that Microsoft will announce the update in April, once the developer program will be immediately available. After that, they will start to roll out the current devices that they plan to unveil for this year. And although the release date is not clear, one thing is for sure – all the new devices will come with the Windows Phone 8.1 update. That is all that is certain for now, though. Let’s just stay tuned for more reports and updates.