The Sims 4 has finally released this week and the fans are having a lot of fun in this game. However, today we come with some things that will come in handy for any Sims 4 player.
Different ways to use the camera
One of the biggest problems a player has in The Sims 4 is that the control can be very imprecise sometimes. This happens when you are trying to adjust the camera’s angle and when moving around. However, in this game we have two different camera modes and one of them is exactly like it worked in Sims 3. With other words, by using the Sims 3 camera mode you can adjust the camera angle freely by just moving the mouse around while holding the middle button. To switch the camera mode, you can do it by using CTRL+Shift+Tab or by going to the game’s option menu.
The Sims 4: Disabling Tutorials
When you start playing Sims 4, you will get tons of tutorial notifications. However, if you are an experienced Sims player you will probably want to turn them off. To do this, follow the next steps:
- Open Origin Client
- Find The Sims 4 and right click on the game cover
- Click on “View Game Properties” and then on “Game Properties”
- A pop-up box will open where you will write “–no_tutorial” (without the “) and click on “Apply”.
Adding your own music
If you are bored of the game’s soundtrack, you will probably want to personalize The Sims 4 game a bit. In order to play your own MP3s in the game, just copy them in The Sims 4Custom Music and put them in the folder that corresponds to the radio genre you are listening in the game. For example, if you are listening to Alternative genre radio in Sims 4, copy your music to Alternative.
Taking screenshots and recording
To take screenshots in game just simply press “C” button. To record something, you have to press “V” button and a camera icon will appear somewhere in the upper left corner of the game screen letting you know that it’s recording everything you do in the game. Keep in mind that by default the UI will not be recorded and if you want to record *everything* that’s happening on your screen, such as the clicks you do and stuff like that, you will have to go to the game’s menu.
For screenshots, all you have to do is press “C.” To film something, meanwhile, you just have to press “V.” A little camera icon will appear on the upper-left corner of the screen to indicate that the game is recording whatever’s happening. Bear in mind that the recording feature defaults to only showing the Sims themselves, not the game’s UI.
By default the video resolution will be at 1024 but you can change this to a higher resolution by going to The Sims 4->Game->Bin->res. When you get to the res find and open the “VideoRecording” file. To make the resolution higher than 1024, find the line called “Large=” and change the 1024 to a higher resolution.
Playing Sims 4 on multiple PCs
You can download Origin and play The Sims 4 on multiple PCs but that doesn’t mean that your saved game will be loaded on the new PC where you will play it. You will need to grab the saved files from DocumentsElectronic ArtsTheSims4saves with a USB memory stick or something where you can store it and copy it to the new PC on the same location. This way you will be able to play the game from the same location you’ve let it on the other PC.
Unlocking Hidden Lots and Secret Collectibles
In the Sims 4, there are two hidden lots that have been found in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. To unlock them your Sim will have to interact with a unique entrance and solve an adventure sequence.
- Unlocking Sylvan Glades from Willow CreekTo unlock Sylvan Glades, firstly you will have to visit Crick Cabana lot from Willow Creek and follow these instructions:
– Explore the public space from Crick Cabana and find a tree that has a label on it called “Sylvan Tree”. This is a large tree with some flowing that grows out from sides, you can’t miss it.
– Select the tree and click on “View” several times until a door appears
– While you enter the Tree Adventure mode you will have to select the following: “Follow the Sound”->“Follow Downstream”->“Enter the Mist”. Keep in mind that the order matters!
After you do this you will enter Sylvan Glades, an area that contains: Fishes, Frogs, Minerals, Bluebells, Snapdragons, Mushrooms and more!
- Unlocking the Forgotten Grotto from Oasis Springs
To unlock the Forgotten Grotto you will have to visit the Desert Bloom Park from Oasis Springs neighborhood and follow these instructions:
– Once you get to the park, travel to a public space that has a bathroom stall. After that, go to the canyon that is situated to the left and look for a cave entrance.
– Interact with the Mine Cave and if your Sim has level 10 on Hardiness it will be able to break down the barrier made from wood and explore the cave
– In order to complete the Adventure Cave, you will have to select in this order the following: “Take the Wide Path”->“Climb the Ladder”->“Step onto the Ledge”.
After you do that, you will enter in Forgotten Grotto, an area that contains: Sage, Onions, Mushrooms, Fishes, Frogs and Potatoes.