Viber Free Download – Tips & Tricks You Should Know
I’d like to take you through a pretty cool messaging app called Viber. Viber is available for Android and was launched in 2010. It’s since gone on to become one of the most popular messaging apps with over 200 million users in over 193 countries. So whether you’re using it already and just want some tips or are not quite sure it’s worth your time, here are a few tips and tricks to show you just how powerful this messaging app is.
- Block/Unblock Numbers
This tip does exactly what it sounds like. If there’s someone you don’t want contacting you, here’s what you can do to block them:
– Tap on one of the conversations that you are in with this person so that you enter the conversation screen.
– Once in the conversation screen, tap on the Navicon icon at the top right.
– Choose the block option to temporarily stop this person from contacting you.
One great feature of Viber is that, if you change your mind, you can just unblock the person by following the steps below:
– Go to the app’s home page and tap the Navicon on the bottom of the screen
– Go into the app’s settings from this window by pressing the gear symbol
– Tap unblock to allow this person to contact you again
- Become Invisible
See, this isn’t just an ordinary app! It gives you superpowers too… Okay, not quite. But if you don’t want someone knowing when you’ve seen their message or are online, here’s how to make yourself disappear:
– Go to the app’s home page, tap the Navicon icon and enter the app’s settings
– Tap on Privacy and uncheck the Send Seen Status option
While you can hide your online status, it’s important to note that this can only be done once every 24 hours. So choose your time wisely! Here’s how it’s done:
– Go to the app’s home page and tap on the Navicon icon
– Enter the app’s privacy settings and uncheck the Share Online Status Option
– Poof! You’re gone!
- Turning off the Light Screen Feature
One of the fastest ways to drain your device’s battery is to leave this feature on. Essentially what this does is turn the screen on each time there is a message sent to your device through Viber. To stop this, here’s what you gotta do:
– Go to the app’s home screen and tap on the Navicon icon
– Enter the app’s notifications settings
– Disable the light screen option
– Woosh! Into darkness
- Get Free Stickers
The last feature I’d like to share with you is a fun one. We’re all familiar with stickers on Facebook and you probably know that you can buy stickers for Viber on the Play Store. But did you know that you can get a great amount of free ones too?
There are several apps that provide Viber users with a selection of free stickers. For example, one app, called My Chat Sticker Emoji, provides users with hundreds of great free stickers that will make any conversation come to life.
Viber is a great app for those looking for a fun, easy way to connect with friends over a WiFi or data connection. I hope this list of tips and tricks has helped you discover a few cool features about the app.