WhatsApp or Telegram Free Download – Is it Simplicity or Privacy for You?
In everything you do, there is always a choice you have to make.
The choice you make may turn out to haunt you for the rest of your life or it can be the change that you just about needed in your life.
Now, here is WhatsApp and on the next table there is Telegram. What is your choice? Which app would go for if asked to choose one of these two apps?
Of course you have to look at a number of things before you decide on the app of your choice. There are people who would simply go for the most popular app while others will set out to look for an app that provides them with total security and protection for each of the messages they send.
Well, WhatsApp might be the most popular instant messenger on the planet as we speak; however, on the other hand, Telegram is just an upcoming modest app that is hard to assume, thanks to the secure nature of its operations. These two apps offer similar services of sending and receiving instant messages. This article is not intended to insinuate that WhatsApp is insecure; rather it highlights the higher level of security offered by Telegram, as opposed to what users of WhatsApp get, among other similarities and differences.
Similarities between WhatsApp and Telegram
One thing that is common for both of these apps is the idea of registration. During registration, both apps will require to use your mobile phone number as registration detail. Furthermore, both apps help users in organizing and conducting group chats in a seamless and hassle-free manner.
Differences between WhatsApp and Telegram
These two apps have one vision but both have different missions. This can be evident in the way they present themselves, offer their services and meet their expectations.
- While Telegram is considered less hungry when it comes to RAM, WhatsApp uses up more RAM. Furthermore, Telegram uses the minimum RAM to deliver maximum output and as it stands, it is quite faster as opposed to WhatsApp.
- Another major difference between these two instant messengers lies in the syncing aspect. While WhatsApp does not support syncing on multiple devices, Telegram is a cloud-based app and as such users can continue with their conversations from any device. With WhatsApp, you can’t chat without your mobile phone, which is quite a setback.
- WhatsApp is one of the major apps that has seen success despite being available for free only for the first year of use. The second and subsequent usage of this app will attract a nominal fee of $0.99 annually. On the other hand, Telegram is a free app all through, from the time you start using it, until forever.
- Another aspect of difference comes with the group chats. While users of WhatsApp can only manage groups of not more than 30 people, managers of Telegram groups can include up to 200 people. This means that you can have everyone on your group – family, friends and all your relatives. Furthermore, users of WhatsApp can only transfer a maximum data of 1 GB while those using Telegram have no such limitations with respect to data transfer.
- Last but not the least is the security aspect. This is an area where Telegram totally beats WhatsApp as it offers a platform which allows users to encrypt messages before sending them. Furthermore, users of Telegram can decide to enable the self-destruct feature where messages can be deleted from the phone of the recipient after a certain fixed period expires, whether they have read it or not. This feature can help whenever you send someone the wrong message or send the right message to the wrong person and you don’t want him or her to read it.
WhatsApp is a global brand and with it you’ll find millions of users across the globe. On the other hand, Telegram is a new entrant and with it, it comes only but to spoil the early party WhatsApp was holding. The question is will it topple WhatsApp at the top of the list, as the best instant messaging app there is in today’s age. Whether this will happen is totally unknown. However, given the recent financial boost WhatsApp received from the deal with Facebook, it is likely to stay on top of its game.
Well, there you have it now. The choice of the best app for you remains entirely with you. However, it is advisable to install both apps on your phone and see for yourself which attends to your needs appropriately.