WhatsApp Download And Activate On Nexus 7 Without Root/SIM – Easy Tutorial
If you are here, you probably have a Nexus 7 tablet, either the 2012 or 2013 model, and can’t really make WhatsApp work. The reason for that is the fact that WhatsApp isn’t normally designed to be used on tablets. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t use WhatsApp on your Nexus 7. In a few easy steps, you can make it work without even having to root the device. You won’t even need a SIM card. SMS activation is already out of discussion so we’re going to use another method instead. Rooting your device will automatically be considered as voiding your warranty, and on top of that, you may damage your device if you don’t do it properly. That being said, let’s see how you can get WhatsApp on your Nexus 7.
- -Get the official APK file for WhatsApp and install it on your Nexus 7 tablet.
- – Go through the installation process and ignore the potential errors that may appear due to the fact that you are trying to install it on a tablet.
- -Have a phone near you, ready to receive the SMS verification from WhatsApp.
- -At first, the tablet will attempt to receive the SMS verification automatically, but it will fail. After a while, you will enter the mobile phone for the device you have near you, that can receive SMS texts.
- – When you receive the verification code on your mobile phone, take those 6 digits and enter them as prompted on your tablet.
- -Note that you will need an internet connection up and running on your Nexus 7 tablet device for this whole process to be successful.
- -Once you receive and enter the verification code, you should be ready to go, meaning that the welcoming screen should be displayed on your tablet.
- -Because you installed WhatsApp on a new device, which hasn’t got support for tablets in the first place, your application will show up as a fresh installation, so none of the contacts that you have saved on your phone’s WhatsApp will be available. You will need to manually enter whatever contacts you want to have on your tablet’s WhatsApp application.
The process is the same and functional for both the 2012 and the 2013 editions of the Google Nexus 7 tablet. Now that you have the steps, all that is left for you is to go and start up your tablet WhatsApp experience.