Google Play Store APK 5.5.8 Free Download – Set-up Using The Phone or PC
Even if the Google Play Store doesn’t cost a dime, there are plenty of devices out there that don’t come with this store installed. But lucky for you, now you can easily download it on your Android gizmo. So keep reading in order to find out how to set-up the recent upgrade of Google Play Store APK 5.5.8.
The newest extension added for Play Store is a pretty cool TV shows animation. Note: this is available only for those operating Android 5.1. Every time you click on TV series, the picture for that specific show will activate a tiny circle that moves through the screen top to become a hero flag. When you decide to quit a show, this will be inverted.
Install Google Play 5.5.8 by hand
It all comes down to two simple methods: you can either choose to set it up on your mobile device, or on your PC. Let’s see how it’s done.
Method 1: Set-up Google Play by using the phone
- You must activate ”Unknown Sources”. Start by heading to Settings and then to Security and tick the box near “Unknown sources”. Note: make sure you uncheck this when you’re done.
- Use the browser of your mobile device and go to APK Mirror or XDA Developers forum. Here you will have to install the APK for the Play Store newest version.
- A message may be sent to you telling you that ‘this type of file can harm your device.’ Don’t get alarmed, it’s safe to ignore it and then click the OK button..
- You must enter the APK, run your eyes over the permissions that the latest Play Store version demands, and you are ready to install it.
Method 2: Set-up Google Play by using the PC
- Activate ‘Unknown sources’ on the PC.
- Again use the browser and go to APK Mirror or XDA Developers forum, where you will install the APK.
- Then you must connect your gadget to your PC with the help of a USB cord and simply start copying the APK to the Android.
- Open it, validate the permissions and hit the Install button.
Look out for troubleshooting
Google Services Framework may be in charge of allowing Google Store to reach out with the applications you downloaded for your device, as well as making the necessary updates. If you notice that these do not function properly or they are submitted to freeze-ups, you must clear cache for Google Play services. So here is what you have to do:
- Go to Settings and then to Apps
- Next find Google Play Store, click it and then click on ‘Clear cache’.