Chromcast is a great tool, watching TV and is a good alternative to Roku and Apple TV, so in case you are planning one getting hold of Chromecast or own it already, then read ahead and find out a few hacks, tips and tutorials which will help you in using this amazing tool in a much better fashion. So let’s get started!
- The set up: Chromecast can quite commonly be seen in living rooms and TV lounges as many people have embraced this new service from Google with open arms. It is a great way of enhancing your experience of the virtual world. Once the setup is done, using Chromecast will be a breeze. It can stream HBO GO, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and many other video and audio content. The equipments required for the setup are: an HDMI input TV (obviously), free power outlet or USB port, a Smartphone/computer/tablet and Wi-Fi internet connectivity. All you have to do is connect the device to your TV with the help of a USB; you will have to plug the port to the HDMI slot and give power to the box and TV after which the Chromecast setup page will pop up. After installing the app, you will get a tutorial to walk you through the rest of the process.
- Audio streaming with Chromecast: now you can listen to your favorite songs, from the speaker in your home theatre system. Installing apps such as Rdio, Google Play Music, Pandora, etc. will make sure you can play loud music after connecting the device to the speakers with an HDMI to VGA adapter.
- The freebies: there are many monthly freebies which will allow the users to rake the rewards of owning Google Chromecast. This is Google’s way of thanking its users, which is an amazing gesture. Epix, Hulu, has a number of free movies which can be enjoyed by the users without paying anything for it. There are many advantageous offers every month which enhances the Google Chromecast experience.
- Make use of headphones: this way you will not disturb others and yet enjoy loud music. Installing the Localcast app from an android device will ensure that you can listen to the beats in your headphones. Localcast is easily available on the Play Store and can be installed with the help of a Wi-Fi connection.
- Streaming local videos: in this department Chromecast does lag slightly behind Roku and Apple TV. While both the other platforms allow the users to stream video from computer and mobile devices; Chromecast tool allows it but has a few lags. Go to the Chromecast browser and use the following keyboard commands:
- Command +O form Mac
- Ctrl +O for PC.
Now you will be able to locate the video which you wish to play, you can select the local videos which have already been saved in the hard drive that has been installed. The format must comply with Chromecast so that you can easily play your favorite videos.
- Sending web pages to TV: it has become quite easy to send web pages from the Chrome browser to your Television. Also known as the casting tab, this feature is quite beneficial and can be used frequently.
At the end of the day Chromecast is a great tool and can very well survive against its competitors, with the use of the aforementioned tips, you can make your experience with Chromecast much better and watch TV like never before. The tool eases out the process of watching television, which is why it has become such a hit with the crowd.