Using WhatsApp on your desktop is no longer an issue. With the launch of WhatsApp Web, you can access your favorite instant messaging service on your laptop or desktop.
What is Whatsapp Web?
It is a computer based extension of the WhatsApp messaging services. All messages sent and received on the web, are synced with the phone application and vice versa. All action done on either of the devices will be visible on the other one, so you do not have to synchronize manually.
Is Another Account Required For the Activation of WhatsApp Web?
There is no need for another account, your original WhatsApp account number will suffice for this purpose. It is just that you will be able to access WhatsApp in two different devices, but with the same number. This makes the process very convenient for all users.
Requirements to Install Whatsapp Web
- The first thing the user needs to have is an active WhatsApp account on an iPhone.
- A proper internet connection must be available to both, the computer as well as the mobile device.
- The browser you use must be the latest version. This means that Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera have to be on the latest version for you to access WhatsApp web.
How to Get Started?
- The first thing which needs to be done is jailbreaking. You will have to jailbreak your device in case it is running at iOS 8.1.2 or an earlier version.
- With the jailbreaking done, you have to move over to Cydia. Then search for WhatsApp enabler; running the search is free of charge.
- Next, you will have to install a tweak. When the installation process completes, you will have to fire up WhatsApp.
- Next you will notice a WhatsApp web option under the settings category.
- The new WhatsApp page will have to be opened in a web browser.
- Next up scan the QR code which appears on the site using your iPhone, and then you will be able to enjoy WhatsApp web easily.
Enjoying WhatsApp Web on iOS
WhatsApp Web is an amazing way of accessing WhatsApp on your desktop. It is a great way to access the messaging app through two devices. If you are concerned about security issues, then fret not, as you can check which browser is connected to your phone and log out in case you notice any dubious activity. If you do not have a personal computer and share the desktop with someone else, then make it a point to uncheck the “keep me signed in” tick box. Just by a few simple steps, you can avert problems easily and keep your account totally secured.
The Advantages of Using WhatsApp Web
- You can type faster on your Mac laptops; this way you will be able to reply faster as compared to sending texts from a phone, because typing on a phone is slightly difficult and time consuming.
- You can logout from either of the devices whenever required.
- You can also download files from WhatsApp to your PC, so that you can make changes to it or work with it as per your convenience.
The Disadvantage of WhatsApp Web For iOS
- You will not be able to use the group chat feature.
- WhatsApp display picture and status cannot be changed from the web client.
- Your iPhone needs to be connected to the web all the time, while using WhatsApp Web.