Nexus 6 Updated With Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA at AT&T
The new v5.1.1 Lollipop release for Nexus happened a while back, but currently the firmware is being implemented to Motorola Nexus 6 all over the US. According to Android Authority, this new release, dubbed the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ( LMY47Z) has been set up to the Nexus 6( XT1103), which is an AT&T carrier type.
Curious to know more about some of its specs? Here is what we know: it weights 81 MB, it comes packed with some major updates regarding the stability as well as a disable lock-gimmick you can use (when the ESA passcode is demanded). If you want to know how to install it, here is a quick guide for you:
If you own a Motorola Nexus 6(AT&T) and if you are receiving the notices on your device, then you simply have to pick “Yes and Download”. Once the download process is complete, simply tap the Install now button. Your handset will immediately reboot and the OS will have the revamped version.
Note: Keep in mind that this new update will come out one step at a time, so don’t be surprised if it takes a while before it expands globally. But, in the meanwhile you can go ahead and verify for OTA upgrades by hand if you head on to Settings, then About phone, then head on to System update and finally Check Now.
Before setting up the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA update, we advise you to:
- Make sure you save your most important info as well as the settings on your Nexus 6 handset by using the recovery mode.
- The Nexus device must have above 80% battery in order for this to fully function.
- Make sure that the bootloader of the Nexus handset is not locked and disable security locks as well as pattern locks, pins and so on.
- The Android 5.1.1 OTA update is destined exclusively for Nexus gizmos. If you try to set-up the firmware on other variants this could really damage your gizmo. So, we advise you to check the model number of the gizmo before you start the set-up process of the OTA upgrade.
- Make sure your Nexus 6 is operating on Android 5.1 LMY47D or LMY47M Lollipop.