One of the easiest ways to stay connected with your family, friends, relatives and business connections is through an email account. You can create an account for free and then use the email to send mails to your contacts. Earlier, you needed to use a computer and an internet connection to send mails to your friends and other contacts. But, now with the advancements in technology you can send and receive mails while on the go using your hand held mobile devices. One of the most popular email apps that is used by many Smartphone users to get in touch with their friends and relatives while on the go or from anywhere is the Gmail app. The app has been specially designed to give a wonderful and hassle free experience for people who do not have the time to check their emails sitting in their offices and homes.
Downloading Gmail App
To enjoy the Gmail app, you will have to download the app on your mobile devices. The app is free to download on any of the popular mobile devices. Most of the modern day Android devices come with pre-installed Gmail app that you will find on the Apps page. If you do not find the app on your device, then you will have to go to the Google Play Store to get it downloaded on your Android Smartphone and tablets. You can visit the official iTunes store to get access to the Gmail app for iOS devices. Downloading of the Gmail app for various devices is free. All you have to do is to visit the respective App stores, search for Gmail app and get it downloaded to your mobile phone.
Creating A Gmail Account
If you already have a Gmail account, then you can use the Gmail username and password to log in to your account on your device and access your mails from wherever you are. The only thing is that the device must be having a data connection offered by your network provider or must have internet access from a Wi-Fi hotspot area. If you are a new user of Gmail and want to make use of Gmail on your mobile, then you need to create an account.
- Open your favorite mobile web browser and visit gmail.com homepage.
- Locate ‘Create an Account’ option on the Gmail homepage and tap on it.
- The sign up form will appear on your mobile screen. You will need to follow the directions and enter your name, birth date and gender in the respective fields.
- You will also need to choose a username for your account that will be followed by @gmail.com. This username will also be your email id.
- After the username creation, you will be asked to enter a password. Make sure that you enter a password that is strong and one that you can easily remember.
- You will next be asked to confirm the password and be sure to enter the same password that you had entered before.
- Next, enter your alternate email address or phone number for Gmail to send your new password or other information.
Now, you will have to just visit the Gmail homepage and enter your username and password that you used to create a Gmail account in the appropriate fields. Once done, tap on sign in option to enter into your Gmail inbox. From here, you will be able to send messages to any contact anywhere in the world.