iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 With Or Without a Contract?
Mobile phones are a category of products that refuse to adapt to the “normal” prices, because their manufacturers are doing well even if they inflate prices. We’ve noticed that there are smartphones with similar specs (the same hardware configuration, screen resolution or cameras), but because one of the models is created by an unknown company, its price is very low, while the other, because it’s a “brand”, it’s sold for 600-800 dollars. Samsung and Apple are two brands and their flagships are really expensive, if they’re bought without a contract. This is why many people accept a two-year contract, and to pay an insignificant amount on money on the device, but the sum is recovered in this period, because of the expensive carrier plans. So, is if worth saving money to buy an iPhone 6/Galaxy S6 without a contract, or you’re ready to get “extorted” by the carriers?
The Galaxy S6 comes in three storage options and the company is selling it on Amazon at the price of $579 (32GB, Factory unlocked), $879 (64GB, Factory unlocked) and $1,149 (128GB, Factory unlocked), while the iPhone 6 can be purchased directly from Apple’s website, where the 16Gb variant costs $649, 64GB – $749 and 128GB – $849.
If you live in the UK, you will want to know what the best deals are on a two-year contract for a new iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6. You will have an extra care, a monthly bill that you’ll need to pay on time, but you’ll decide which will be its value. Thankfully, you have the option to choose the best plan which you know you can afford to pay, but you should take into consideration the fact that you’ll pay a small upfront cost for the phone, and the rest of the money will be recovered from the bill. You will become desperate for the time to pass, to get rid of the obligations.
In the UK, O2 has a Refresh package that separates the cost of the phone and the tariff, which means that after paying for the phone, you will pay only for the tariff. Normally, after the period of two years ends, the users switch to a SIM-only contract and are allowed to buy a new phone for which they’ll pay in the next two years.
Anyway, if you intend to buy the iPhone 6 with a two year contract, these are the tariffs you should expect from the four important suppliers:
– EE offers unlimited minutes and texts, 2GB of data, but you’ll pay an upfront cost of £10 and a monthly contract of £47. In total, the price of the iPhone 6 will be £1,138 after two years.
– O2 has a £46 monthly contract, but you’ll pay an upfront cost of £30 and you’ll receive unlimited minutes and texts, and 3GB of data, and the price of the iPhone 6 will be £1,134.
– Three has a £41 monthly contract, the upfront cost is £49 and the total price of the iPhone 6 will be £1,033. The users will get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 2GB of data.
– Vodafone has a £44 monthly contract, the upfront cost is £49 and the total value of the iPhone 6 will be £1,105. The fans will get unlimited minutes and texts, plus 2GB of data.
These are the tariffs for the Galaxy S6:
– EE offers unlimited minutes and texts, 2GB of data, but the users will pay an upfront cost of £70 and a monthly contract of £42, which will increase the price of the phone up to £1,078.
– O2 (free Fitbit Charge) has an upfront cost of £70, a monthly contract of £41, but it offers unlimited minutes and texts, plus 3GB of data, which will increase the total price up to £1,054.
– O2 (free Fitbit Charge) has another monthly contract of £21 with an upfront cost of £650, but the S6 will have a price of £1,154.
– Three has a monthly contract of £42, it charges £49 for the upfront cost, and it offers unlimited minutes and texts, plus 2GB of data, while the total price of the S6 will be £1,057
– Vodafone doesn’t have an upfront cost, but the monthly contract is £44 and the users get 2GB of data. In the end, the S6 will cost £1,056.
Below, you’ll see the SIM-only deals through GiffGaff”
– iPhone 6: 500 minutes, unlimited texts, 3GB of data, the upfront cost is £499, the monthly contract is £15 and the total price is increased up to £859.
– Samsung Galaxy S6: 500 minutes, unlimited texts, 3GB of data, the upfront cost is £549, the monthly contract is also £15, and the total price of the S6 is increased up to £909.