Download WhatsApp 2.12.173 Beta APK – Voice Calls Improvements
WhatsApp version 2.12.173 BETA released for Android
The developers of WhatsApp have released a new BETA version of this application. The WhatsApp 2.12.173 APK has surfaced and can already be downloaded from the official WhatsApp website.
WhatsApp 2.12.173: What’s new?
As expected, the new WhatsApp 2.12.173 version comes with usual fixes for errors and bugs. However, we’ve also spotted some new features such as the Skin Tone Emojis.
Unfortunately, the Google Drive feature has not been added to the application, but it seems that they are working on it, as we’ve spotted some new files related to this upcoming feature.
– Using WhatsApp, you can now make Voice Calls to any of your WhatsApp friends (who have this feature available on the WhatsApp version on their smartphones)
– WhatsApp is using the internet connection and this is why you will not have to pay any additional fees when chatting/talking with your WhatsApp friends
– Using WhatsApp, you will be able to send videos, photos, voice messages and more
– Even if the developers haven’t released a full desktop WhatsApp version, they’ve released WhatsApp Web feature, which allows you to connect to your WhatsApp account from your computer via Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome browser
– You can create/join a Group Chat and talk with two or more WhatsApp friends at the same time
– You can share your location, set custom wallpapers, exchange contacts, change notificatins sounds and even email the chat history.
How to install WhatsApp 2.12.173 on an Android device
As we’ve told you above, the WhatsApp 2.12.173 is currently in BETA, which means that in order to install it on your Android device, you will firstly have to enable the Unknown Sources option, which allow you to install APK files that you will download from the internet.
HINT: In order to enable the Unknown Sources option, you will have to access your device’s Settings->Application or Settings->Security. Also, make sure that you backup your WhatsApp conversations history and uninstall the current WhatsApp application that you have installed on your mobile device.
After that, you will need to head to whatsapp.com/android and tap on the “Download Now” button to start downloading the WhatsApp 2.12.173 APK on your Android device. Now, head to the location where you’ve saved the WhatsApp 2.12.173 APK file and tap on it start installing the latest WhatsApp BETA version on your Android device.
When the installation is complete, you will just need to use your mobile phone number (WhatsApp ID) to get verified and you’re done!