HTC One M9 With Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM Update – Features and Bug Fixes
If you’re the happy owner of an HTC One M9 device, you’ll be glad to hear that your device can be updated with crDroid’s newest custom firmware. The latter is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and it will come packed with new additions. These are the AdBlocker, the Blacklist option, Heads up customization choice, DND option as well as SlimePie commands and the Omni-Ambient display as well.
Setting-up custom ROM is a slow process and before you jump right in, consider the following:
- These tips will help you set up crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop solely on a HTC One M9 mobile device. Do not try this on other devices!
- Because you will have to perform the wipe clean, make sure you hit the save button so that your info/data will be backed up.
- The HTC One M9 must be rooted.
- USB drivers on your computer must be pre-installed in order for the PC to identify the HTC gizmo.
- Charging your smartphone is a must. If it is not 100% charged or at least 80%, your device is at high risk.
Respect the following instructions regarding the installation of crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on HTC One M9 down below:
- crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM as well as Google Apps must be set up on your PC.
- It is mandatory for the HTC One M9 to be linked to your PC (via USB cord). Now, you must have the smartphone drivers pre-installed so that the PC can identify the smartphone. The device must be rooted and you must make sure that ClockworkMod Recovery tool is set-up before you move further.
- It is the perfect moment to copy the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop zip file and GAPPS zip and then paste it. This will be done on to the SD card root doc.
- Make sure you paste img file into android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Now it’s time to switch off your handset and unplug it from the computer.
- The next move is to enter Bootloader/Fastboot mode. This will be done by holding down both volume down and power button at the same time.
- Head on to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory (found on your computer) and click to open Command prompt. You will then have to enter fastboot flash boot boot.img and hit the enter button.
- The following step is to type fastboot rebootand again hit enter. Let yourself be guided by the instructions you see displayed on the screen. Choose Bootloader and afterwards enter Recovery Mode.
- By choosing factory reset or wipe data you will be cleaning the phone memory in the Recovery Mode. The volume keys will help you navigate and with the power know you can select your choices.
- You must also clear cache by hand picking the following: wipe cache partition.
- Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, continue towards Advanced and click on wipe dalvik cache
- Choose install zip from SD card once you go back to the main screen.
- Look for zip from SDcard and choose it and then continue to progress towards Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file.
- Allow the process to be fully installed and then repeat the same procedure for setting up Google Apps.
- Once you have installed Android 5.1.1 ROM and GAPPS, head on to +++++Go Back+++++ and merely click on reboot system now.
- This way your device will reboot and all you have to do is wait it out. One final step for you is to confirm the installation by going to Settings and then About Phone.