Samsung Galaxy Note 5 With Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update – Installation Process
The new Samsung phablet, dubbed Galaxy Note 5 will be up and running pretty soon. SamMobile has managed to get their hands on the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the following model no.SM-N920C.
Android 5.1.1 N920CXXU1AOGE Lollipop initial release was suggested for South Korea and US and the phablet units will be shipped soon.
Prerequisites before the installation process:
- The USB for the Galaxy Note 5 device must be pre-installed on the PC.
- It is imperative that you backup up your phone’s data. Do this by using the custom recovery.
- Activate the USB Debugging Mode (Settings, then Developer Options and activate the USB Debugging feature) on your device in order for the connection to be activated on the PC. We recommend the Android SDK to be used with the latter.
- Before you begin, make sure the Note 5 device is completely charged, also make sure it has been unlocked.
- The Lollipop firmware variant N920CXXU1AOGE is only compatible with the Note 5. Do not experiment on other devices.
Step-by-step guide to set-up Android 5.1.1 N920CXXU1AOGE stock firmware on Galaxy Note 5:
- Select the firmware file to a location on the PC’s desktop
- Download & select Odin ZIP file to the exact location on the PC
- Odin must be launched as the Administrator
- Restart the device in Download Mode. Do this by pressing & holding Home, Power and Volume Down knobs.
- The phone must be linked to the PC (use the USB cable) and when you spot a blue sign in Odin you’re good to go.
- The firmware file must be added via AP/PDA knobs in Odin
- Make sure the re-partition selection has not been ticked
- Tap the start knob and give it a few minutes for the firmware set-up to be complete.