How Google Hangouts Can Be the Best Text Messenger App for Android
Google Hangouts has undergone a major makeover for Android users.
The developers have recently rolled out Hangouts 4.0 version with a sleek design, clean look and faster speed. In Google’s official blog, it has been announced that this new version of Google Hangouts for Android has addressed all the bugs found in its previous versions.
Google Hangouts 4.0 has come with many new features that surely improve user experience. With faster speed in receiving and sending messages, version 4.0 consumes less battery in users’ devices. The design of this version has been given a material look or fluid transition which means items will respond to your touch in the more intuitive way. Moreover, a new compose button has been configured at the bottom right screen of this version that makes sending messages easier. Click on it and you will get an option to enter any of your friend’s name enlisted in the contact list. If you want, you can create a group chat that is quite similar to Facebook.
What you can do with Google Hangouts 4.0
• Send text messages: You can start a Hangout with one person or more at a time. If you want, you can create a group of friends and start messaging. To send messages on the hangout, you need to open a Gmail account.
• Use Hangouts in Multiple devices: Hangouts conversations can be synced across many devices automatically so that you can easily start a Hangouts on your Android device and continue using it on a desktop computer.
• Make free calls using Wi-Fi: You can make domestic as well as international calls using Wi-Fi or 3G internet connection. To avail this feature, you need to download Hangouts dialer to turn on the calling feature in Hangouts Android app. You can also receive calls if you have a Google Voice Number.
• Make video calls free: You can make video calls with nine people at a time using video call app from the hangout. It is quite easy to invite friends from other social media platforms or Google+ circles.
• Share location, photos, and videos: Through Google Hangouts 4.0, you can share stickers, photos and emojis in conversations. This new app has offered a wide range of emojis and stickers that allow you to share your information in an innovative way. On mobile devices, you can share your location with other people.
If you have ever used Gtalk in Gmail, you know how easy it is to operate. You just need to download this app on mobile it will work exactly like it does on the desktop computer. You can add as many as Gmail accounts and start chatting with friends and family members, but all your conversations will be in one place. Start conversation with the computer, leave for lunch and continue your conversation on mobile Hangouts app. One of the best features of this app is that you can create group chat that makes your planning much easier.
Google Hangouts offers HD quality free video chatting option to users that enable one-to-one and group chat with friends and family members. In group chat, you can add up to ten people at a time. This feature is somewhat similar to Facebook, Facetime, and Skype. In this new version, Google focuses more on the face to face group interaction rather than one-to-one video chat. It uses sophisticated technology to switch the focus to the person currently involved in chatting.
However, the text messaging in Hangouts app for Android users will always remain the same. In fact, its text messaging is popular around the world because it works even when a data connection is not available. To send a message to the recipient, you need to give your phone number only.