Viber Free Download and Install On PC – Windows XP, 7, 8 and 8.1
Viber was initially brought to life by 4 IT aficionados from Israel. At first Viber had the same messaging features as WhatsApp but later on it expanded its spectrum and included the HD voice call functionality, Group chat and so on. If you want to know how to install Viber for your laptop or home computer, don’t go anywhere.
Step-by-step guide on how to download Viber on PC/Laptops:
Important: Having Viber installed on a computer/laptop can happen only if you have the app installed on a mobile device first. Also, before you go ahead and install Viber, make sure you respect the following prerequisites:
If you have a Windows OS, you can install Viber only if you have:
- Windows XP Service pack 3+.
- Windows Vista.
- Windows 7.
- Windows 8 (unfortunately those who have Windows 8.1 version running on their computers cannot installed Viber).
If you have MAC OS you can install Viber on OSX 10.7+ and for Linux you will need 64-bit distributions (Debian distribution exclusively).
As for the hardware must-haves, here is what you should take into account:
- A dual core processor is necessary.
- At least 1GB RAM.
- You have to have a microphone, speakers and a webcam if you want to use the voice call and video calls functionality.
- When you download Viber for Window/MAC/Linux on Desktop, choose your OS.
- Allow the installation files to run without interruptions.
- Run your eyes through the License Agreement. Carry on with the installation by clicking Accept & Install.
- Allow Viber do to its thing until you see it change color (it should be green).
- When you see a box show-up click Yes if Viber app is preset in your handset.
- Pick your country (see dropdown box) and enter your mobile number. Hit the Continue button next.
- You will receive an activation code, as Viber will message you.
- Enter the code you received and simply press Enter Viber.