WhatsApp is a popular mobile phone and web-based instant messaging app that was founded in 2009.
An app meant specifically for mobile phones, WhatsApp is now available on other devices such as PCs and tablets, but via a dedicated Web service known as WhatsApp Web.
The problem with this WhatsApp Web service is that it only allows the millions who use this app for messaging and calling purposes to only stick to messaging alone. There are no WhatsApp calling services on offer when using the web client. Just recently, this application was made available to iPhone users after the company had stated that there were “Apple platform limitations” that had kept it from introducing the service on iOS.
Nonetheless, the new WhatsApp Web doesn’t offer the full functionality of the mobile app to PC and tablet users. If you however want to get the full functionality of this messaging and VoIP app on your iOS 8.4iPod Touch or iPad, there is a workaround. However, you will first have to jailbreak your tablet.
What you need to install WhatsApp on iOS 8.4 iPod Touch or iPad
In order to install the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPod Touch or iPad running on the new iOS 8.4, you need a few things. First is to jailbreak your iOS device. This process will also work for devices running iOS 7.x. You will also need a PC (Mac or Windows) and the latest version of iTunes installed on it. Make sure you also install a file and app manager and when done, follow the below guide.
How to install WhatsApp on iPod Touch or iPad
- The first thing to do is to start Cydia on your jailbroken iPod Touch or iPad and then find the search page.
- In the search page, search for a tweak that goes by the name “WhatsPad” and head over to this page. The tweak is available as a free tool on the BigBoss repository.
- Install the tweak in Cydia.
- Download the latest version of iFunbox and install it on your Windows or Mac PC.
- On your PC, launch iTunes and then select the App Store link that appears at the top of the navigation bar. Search for the official app and then download it.
- Using a USB cable, connect your jailbroken iPod Touch or iPad and start the iFunbox application.
- Click on the “Install” icon in the iFunbox and head over to the place where you saved the downloaded WhatsApp file. Mac users can get the file using the path: Macintosh HD>Username>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Mobile Applications while those on Windows PCs can use the path: Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Media Applications.
- Click on the WhatsApp file and select open. The app will start to install on your jailbroken iPod Touch.
The installation might take a few seconds or minutes depending on the performance specs of your device. Use your usual phone number to activate your account and start using WhatsApp on your iPod Touch or iPad.