Samsung Galaxy J7, A Mid-Range Smartphone Which Will Make You Forget About Flagships
In June, the Korean tech giant released two new mid-range smartphones, the smaller Galaxy J5 and the J7 phablet, which were considered the equivalent couple of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Plus pair of flagships.
In this article, we’ll tell you more about the Galaxy J7, whose design is similar to that of the Galaxy Mega 6.3, which came two years ago, but it’s less slippery, although it has the same shiny polycarbonate back. The side bezels are not made of metal, so they kind of look cheap. And the J5 is only the smaller and identical version of the J7.
So if you feel nostalgic and you have forgotten the classic Galaxy mid-range smartphones with the familiar oval home button on the front side, which sits between two capacitive buttons, then you’ll love the J7, which comes in three variants of colors: White, Black and Gold. Having a low price (230 dollars) and some well-chosen hardware parts, the Galaxy J7 really is one of the best devices of its kind, and here it is what it can offer:
– A 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 720-pixel resolution which gives a decent pixel density of 267ppi. The images are sharp enough, but don’t expect more from a mid-range phone;
– The J7 is very slim, measuring 7/5mm and it has an average weight of 171 grams;
– It comes loaded with Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop);
– It’s powered by a 64bit Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 processor with four Cortex-A53 cores running at 1.4GHz and four cores running at 1GHz, which team up with an Adreno 408 GPU and 1.5GB of RAM;
– There’s a second model which has Samsung’s proprietary Exynos 7580 octa core processor which runs at 1.5GHz and couples with Mali-T720MP2 graphics, but the RAM capacity is the same;
– The internal memory is expandable, so you can add a microSD card and increase the storage capacity from 16GB up to 128GB.
– It has a 13Mp main camera with autofocus and LED flash, which record Full HD videos, while the front camera supports 5MP and benefits from LED flash.
– Surprisingly, the battery is removable and very large at 3000mAh, but it lacks fast charge or wireless charging capabilities.