Guidelines on Using One WhatsApp Account on Two Phones Concurrently
When one registers for WhatsApp, the normal process generally is that you have to provide a mobile number, which then has to be verified to ascertain that the particular number is not associated to another phone at the time of registration.
That is the standard procedure which also prevents multi handset use of the same WhatsApp account on two headsets. This is quite limiting though, especially in this day and age in technology, where almost everyone is a multi – phone user.
Well, not to worry about it because the good news is that now, we do have a simple manner in which you can work around this. It is quite possible to actually use one WhatsApp account on two mobile devices. It is made possible by a new feature on WhatsApp called WhatsApp Web. This is the key to finally using one WhatsApp account on multi phones. WhatsApp is now running on both mobile devices. The only prerequisite is that both devices should be connected to the internet with WhatsApp already installed in one mobile device.
How to setup one WhatsApp account on two different phones?
- Ensure that you have two mobile phones with steady internet connection and WhatsApp installed on one of the cellular devices.
- On the second phone that has no WhatsApp installed, launch the phone’s web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and connect to web.whatsapp.com.
- From browser options or settings, go ahead and select the desktop site.
- You will notice a QR Code displayed prominently on the page.
- Position the first phone over the second phone.
- On the first phone, navigate to options or settings then select WhatsApp Web.
- This will fire up the QR code scanner and it will automatically start scanning the QR code on the second phone’s web browser. This won’t take much of your time.
- After scan is complete, it automatically logs in to the web account on the second phone using the account on the first mobile device.
That’s it! You are done. You can now use the same WhatsApp account on two phones. It’s as easy as that. To log out, simply go back to WhatsApp Web using the first phone and tap on “log out from all other devices” and you are back to using WhatsApp on a single mobile phone.
This, however, is only possible with the mobile device in which WhatsApp is installed and one additional device. If you try connecting to a third cellular device, the service will request you to log out first to proceed.