Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 – Bug Fixes, New Improvements and Changes
Gabe Aul, Corporate Vice President, Engineering Systems Team, has made an official announcement on Microsoft’s blog, where he gave more information about the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 and the improvements that have been made based on the users’ feedback.
Microsoft’s team was listening to users’ complaints and suggestions, and did their best to add as many changes as possible to the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586, which is available to those who signed up for the Windows Insider Program. Gabe Aul, Corporate Vice President, Engineering Systems Team has specified that this is the same base build that’s shipped with the new devices that come loaded with Windows 10, but the users are encourage to send feedback about the experience they had after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
The Insiders who will install this Cumulative Update will notice that it contains lots of fixes to the Windows 10 MIP build which was in the Fast and Slow rings. Also, on December 7 were added four smartphones to the Windows Insider Program and they will be the first ones to benefit from these updates. The four smartphones are LG Lancet, Microsoft Lumia 550, Microsoft Lumia 950 and Microsoft Lumia 950 XL. Microsoft has also released an update to the Windows Device Recovery Tool which has fixed some detection issues which have been found on these smartphones.
According to the changelog posted on Microsoft’s blog, the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 comes with:
– Improvements on Edge’s performance, which is now more stable. Also, the auto-completion has been updated, so tat the users can easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar;
– Bluetooth stability improvements;
– Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications;
– The issues when switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices have been resolved;
– Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
The users can continue to send feedback, no matter if they’re complaining about bugs or if they have some ideas which can improve the software platform.