WhatsApp is currently one of the most popular instant messaging apps, not to mention the fact that millions of Samsun Galaxy users are taking to it to keep in touch with their friends and not only. Keep in mind though that the WhatsApp developers made the app to work only on devices that run Android 2.1 or newer. Of course, your device must be able to receive messages and calls when the app verifies it. Note that WhatsApp doesn’t work with phones that don’t support Wi-Fi only. Now if you know that you fulfill all the above criteria, here are the steps for you to download WhatsApp Messenger on your Samsung Galaxy device:
- Go to the Home Screen and tap on Apps.
- Enter the Play Store.
- Type “WhatsApp” in the search bar at the top and then choose the first option that appears, the official one. It’s the first one that appears in the pop-up auto-suggest drop-down list and it is not recommended to install apps from unverified and unofficial developers.
- Tap on Install. You need to have enough memory on the device for the app to be installed. If you don’t have, delete apps you don’t really need or use or simply move them to the SD card.
- Allow the requested permissions for the app. A list with all the permission the app needs will appear and you have to tap Accept.
- Let the app install and after it has done so, you just have to tap on Open. This will lead you to the log in screen.
The last step is to create an account, if you don’t have one already. For this, you have to introduce your phone number and wait for a verification text that will be automatically detected. Then you can add a username and a profile photo and you’re set!