Apple TV (3rd Generation) Jailbreak By Following These Easy Steps
Do you want to jailbreak your 3rd generation Apple TV? Well, you have come to the right place because there is a way to do it without sweating it out. Here are some easy steps that you can follow to accomplish this task.
- iOS Version 5.0.2 or Earlier – Make sure that your Apple TV 3 is running on iOS version 5.0.2 or even earlier. If you are currently running a version that is later than 5.0.2, then you might need another third-party app. Just go to Settings >General >About, so that you can determine the iOS version on your Apple TV 3.
- Earlier Versions of Windows Only – If you are going to jailbreak your 3rd generation Apple TV, you need to verify first if you have access to a computer running Windows Vista, 7 or XP. This is because a third-party app like Snow3rd would only work with such, and is not compatible with Mac OS X or Windows 8 or later.
- Download Snow3rd – Go to https://snow3rd.com/ and click the download button. Just opt for the .zip file and save it to your desktop.
- Close All Open Processes – After downloading, close all open processes and apps running on your Windows computer.
- Connect the Apple TV 3 to Your Computer – Use a micro USB cable to connect your Apple TV 3 to your computer. But, make sure to disconnect the device from the power source before using. You must only use the mini USB cable to connect your Apple TV 3 to your computer.
- Install the Snow3rd .zip File – Find the .zip file of Snow3rd from your desktop and double-click on it to extract the contents. You will see a dialog box that will display on your screen.
- Click the Jailbreak Button – The jailbreak process will begin after clicking the button and you will see the progress on the status bar. This might take several minutes to complete, depending on the speed of your computer.
- Disconnect Apple TV 3 After Installation – After the installation process has completed, you have to close the Snow3rd dialog box when the message Jailbreak Successful will appear on your screen. Disconnect the device from the mini USB cable and restart your device.
- Reconnect Apple TV 3 After Restart – After restarting, you need to reconnect the Apple TV 3 to your computer after restarting. Then, launch iTunes on your computer.
- Check if iTunes Will Recognize the Apple TV 3 – Upon reconnection to your computer, check if iTunes will recognize the Apple TV 3. If so, you can see the icon of your Apple TV displayed on the top left corner of the screen. This means that the jailbreak was a success.
- Connect to the Power Source and Begin Using the Device with HDMI Cable – After checking that the jailbreak was successful, you can now use your Apple TV 3rd generation and download apps outside of the App Store.
There are also other cool tricks that you can enjoy with your Apple TV. Asking for tips from professionals about the benefits of jailbreaking your Apple device can also help explore other options.