Niantic Announced Adventure Week Event On Pokémon Go
Pokémon Go is a free to play game that has been developed by Niantic. The game was released in July 2016 for iOS and Android and it had an awesome launch. Unfortunately, most of the players were just some casual ones, who left the game within few weeks after its launch. However, the game is still up and running and it seems that the developer is trying everything in order to lure some of the players back to the game.
Even if there are about two more months until Pokémon Go will celebrate its first birthday, it seems that Niantic has prepared an “Adventure Week” event that will start today.
The event will end on May 25, 2017 and it focuses on rock type Pokémon along with other added bonuses. Below we will give you some information about what this event will come with:
- Pokeballs will have a 50% price reduction in the store;
- Players will get more items per PokeStop;
- The buddy Pokémon will now find candy 4 times faster;
- A new wardrobe item has been added to the game, named Explorer’s Hat, which you can get it for free;
- The event will increase the spawn rate of rock type Pokémon (such as: Kabuto, Omanyte and Aerodactyl.
Niantic will most likely come with many events of this type in the following weeks in order to prepare the players for a big event that will be released sometime in July 2017, when Pokémon Go will celebrate its first birthday.
However, we think that Niantic will need to do better and bring some of the features and options that many Pokémon Go players have requested since the launch of this game. If they will fail to do this, we’re pretty sure that the game will probably die sometime by the end of 2017.