Viber Not Working As You Have Expected And How You Can Fix It
As one of the most popular instant messaging app in the world, Viber has also become one with the most number of users. With this development, it is understandable that users come across a number of instances when Viber seemingly failed to abide by your will. If you are unfamiliar with these problems, you can check out the most common situations with solutions here, which might come in handy.
There might come a time when you will have problems related to disconnection from the Viber service. Thus, you might have encountered a problematic Wi-Fi or data connection in your area. Simply disable the connectivity and reconnect after a few seconds.
Another issue is when you are unable to call or message via Viber. The problem might result from a technical issue related to the app. Sometimes, Viber would block a certain area for some reason, but such problems wouldn’t last for long.
Sometimes, Viber service gets disconnected, which should be caused by power supply in your area. You can follow certain steps in order to solve this dilemma.
- Simply go to Settings > Additional Settings
- Go to the Battery and Performance > Manage Apps Battery Usage
- Just click on the Choose Apps option
- You can now choose Custom, which can be found from the Background Network. So, you need to choose Stay Connected afterwards.
This should be able to address the issue of disconnection with the Viber service.
Viber Not Ringing On The iPhone
If you have experienced this problem, you should be able to solve it via these steps.
- Ensure that your smartphone is not on the silent mode.
- Then, Go to Settings > Notifications > Alert Style. Change this option to Alerts or Banner.
- And, turn on the alert sound.
This should’ve solved your problem related to the absence of ringing upon receive messages or calls from contacts.
Difficulty Finding Your Contacts
It is but natural that the contact list of your phone would sync with Viber. However, there are moments when you find it hard to find contacts. You should know that this can either be disrupted or delayed. The steps below can help you solve this common problem.
- Ensure connection with the Internet using your data or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You can also go to Settings > General > Sync Contacts
- Check your device’s settings and make sure it has been set to All Contacts. This would lead to recognize all the contacts.
- For iPhone users, just go to Settings > Mail > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts.
Take note that contacts would be displayed for Viber users only. So, ensure that you are connected online, so that you wouldn’t have these issues. Moreover, if you are not familiar with Viber, you should have read something about it before you begin using the app. Not all people have the knowledge to set up Viber, but there are things that you can also learn to solve issues when the app refuses to work your way.