Avid players of Clash of Clans may get discouraged when crashes and other issues become frequent. It’s especially frustrating when you are eyeing the next level and have worked hard to earn those points. So what to do when Clash of Clans is not working?
For Android Players
- Make sure that you are using the official version and have downloaded the game from the Google Play Store.
- Minimum specs should be met which includes 1GB of RAM, 800×480 resolution, and the latest version of Android OS.
- Uninstall the game and install it back.
- Press and hold the power button so that your phone can restart.
- Find out if you have the right amount of storage for the game. You can check it by pressing Settings then Storage. A free 50MB of storage is needed before you can run Clash of Clans.
- If your Facebook account is connected to the game, log out and back in.
- Check if your time zone and date settings in general are correct.
- When all else fails, contact the game’s company, Supercell. Their customer support aims to help gamers as quickly as they can through email@example.com.
For iOS Players
First off, we need to remind those who have jailbroken iPhones that they are not supported in full. If your device has been jailbroken before, you need to get it back to the original setting to fully enjoy the features of Clash of Clans. Let’s now proceed to troubleshooting tips.
- Access the open apps by pressing the ‘Home’ button twice and swipe Clash of Clans to close it. Afterwards, go to the icon shortcut to relaunch it.
- Completely power off your device by holding the sleep button. Wait about a minute or two, then power it on so that you can relaunch the Clash of Clans app.
- Just like in Android, you can uninstall the app and install it again.
- It is highly recommended that you update to the latest iOS version of your phone so that the game can run smoothly.
- Be sure that your device is not yet full and there’s enough space left for the game to be installed.
- You also need to ensure that there’s still some space left for temp files and updates.
- If you are linked to Gamecenter through Facebook, log out of it and then go back in. You can do so through accessing the game on FB’s in-game. For logging out of Gamecenter, you can press ‘me’ at the bottom part, then press the ‘Account’ banner and then click ‘Sign out’.
- You may also reset your Apple ID to see if it’s the one causing the issue. How? By installing a free app that’s not yet on your device which you can easily delete afterwards.
Lastly, you may contact your Internet provider since most of the time, any app that encounters problems can be due to ISP issues. Clash of Clans for one, may usually be categorized as network traffic so it can be blocked by major service providers. Get in touch with their customer service so that they can resolve your issue/s as quickly as they can.