Samsung Galaxy Note 8 over 250.000 pre-registrations in India
It seems that Samsung is doing pretty well with its Galaxy Note 8 handset. According to the company, the new flagship broke the previous pre-orders record for a Galaxy Note handset in the US. However, this didn’t stop there, as according to new reports, in India there are already over 250.000 pre-registrations for this device.
We remind you that the Galaxy Note 8 is not a cheap device, as it costs $930 SIM-free, while the previous handset (Galaxy Note 7) was sold for $850. It seems that the company has already started shipping devices for some of those who’ve pre-ordered the device while general sales will finally begin on September 15, 2017.
Samsung claims that from the 250.000 pre-registrations in India, around 150.000 of them were made on Amazon. According to MobileFun, the Galaxy Note 8 pre-orders in the UK are 30% higher, while in South Korea there were 400.000 pre-orders made in a day.
That being said, we think that the Galaxy Note 8 will be a really successful device as long as it doesn’t start exploding like the Galaxy Note 7 did last year.
Galaxy Note 8: Specifications
- Dimensions: 162.5×74.8×8.6mm;
- Weight: 195 grams;
- Display: 6.3-inch super AMOLED that supports a resolution of 2960×1440 pixels at 521 ppi (protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5);
- Chipset: Exynos 8895 Octa (EMEA) or Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (USA & China);
- Processor: quad-core Samsung M1 CPU clocked at 2.3GHz and a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.7GHz (EMEA) or quad-core Kryo CPU clocked at 2.35GHz and a quad-core Kryo CPU clocked at 1.9GHz (USA & China);
- RAM: 6GB of RAM;
- Graphics card: Mali-G71 MP20 (EMEA) or Adreno 540 (USA & China);
- Internal storage: 64GB, 128GB or 256GB;
- External storage: up to 256GB using a microSD card;
- Primary Camera: 12MP dual-primary camera that features dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, OIS, touch focus, face detection, panorama;
- Secondary camera: 8MP;
- Battery: 3300 mAh (non-removable).