Install Mods on Older Minecraft Versions
There are many mods for Minecraft, but some require the player to use an older version of the game, while others require the installation of older legacy versions of Forge. If you saw a mod you are interested in, this is how you can get it.
How to roll back the client
Those super exited to try out a mod, which is not available with the latest Minecraft version can follow this easy steps. It is necessary to downgrade to an older Minecraft version.
- Go to the Minecraft server and download the 1.2.5 file
- Use the Start Bar and type %appdata% (if you Run command prompt the result will be the same)
- Open the bin folder from inside the .minecraft folder
- Copy and replace the 1.2.5 jar
How to install legacy versions of Forge
It is important to check which Minecraft version is necessary for each mod. Afterwards, there are a few steps to follow:
- Download the Forge version of your choice
- Run and install the file
- Open Minecraft and go to “Launcher options”
- Give it a name and save it.
Interesting Minecraft mods:
Some of the most downloaded Minecraft mods are:
- Mo Creatures: this mod adds 32 species such as crocodiles, foxes and werewolves
- Flans Mod: this mod is a World of War 2 themed one: it has planes, vehicles and weapons of the theme
- Technic Pack: a bundle of mods which give players more options
- Water Shader: a mod which gives water a moving surface and it makes it look more realistic.
- Thaumcraft: this mod boosts the enchantment feature. There are powerful spells which the player can add to items and weapons.